What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beep sequence after repair

snooze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced the digitizer in a Mini 4 over the weekend. In tests, the only activity was two quick beep tones, followed by two beeps approximately ten secs. later. I suspect that the backlight circuits are bad, but without a definition of the beep tones, can't be sure.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s possible that the backlight inverter was blown when you connected the screen assembly. Can you see any hint of an image onscreen in bright light?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally I’d suggest a visit to an Apple Store Genius Bar for a full diagnostic but Apple has a policy of not servicing devices that have been serviced by their owners or unauthorised service centres. Do you have an independent repair shop near you where you could get a diagnostic? This would confirm whether or not there are any hardware problems with your iPad.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Note to everyone never try to service your own iPad if something goes bad.
I disagree. If your iPad is out of warranty, you don’t have a reputable repair shop nearby , you have a the patience to do your homework and a nack for diy repair , then have at er. It’s not for the faint of heart or impatient though. Go to ifixit .com to start then you tube.

Most reactions