What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBC Olympics App

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, the good news, the BBC have brought out there own, free Olympic App. With a choice of up to 24 live streams and lots of other content it should really be a one stop shop for Olympic fans in the UK.

So, to the bad news, it's an iPhone App, so doesn't make use of the iPads fantastic screen unless you use the x2 option which leaves the image somewhat pixelated......come on BBC, what were you thinking about!!

Here is the App in the App Store.....

image-1890633685.jpg

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooo....nice, Gabe!! I could view it on my iPod!! Bummer it's not a universal app though!

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Oooo....nice, Gabe!! I could view it on my iPod!! Bummer it's not a universal app though!

And I think that it's only available in the UK.....although I could be wrong!

The Archangel

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I emailed the BBC about the app, to see if it was being made universal and this was the response.....

Hello,

BBC Sport website looks great on iPads - which is why we haven't made an iPad-specific app. You'll be able to get all our Olympics content including the live video and highlights at www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/

Regards,
BBC Mobile

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts