What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBC News app

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I used to love this app. On my Touch and iPhone it gives me loads of topics for news, from Technology news to local news.

But, in iPad version I only get 4 Topics - top stories, world uk, sport.

Wheres all the choices and options gone? It should be a better fuller experience on the iPad, not a cut short version. There's nothing in the general settings tab.

Am I missing something here?

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Double check that you haven't turned off any feeds. In the top bar in the app, there is an "EDIT" button. It will bring up all the available story feeds. If you still can't bring up more than 4, you may want to do a hard reboot (old down top button and home button until the iPad reboots) and then reinstall the app.

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Ok. Still can't find an edit button, but I do get these options appear in landscape mode. Trouble is, I rarely use landscape. And as soon as I go back to portrait they disappear again.

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
All solved.

The edit button is also only in landscape mode. Done all my edits in landscape mode and all works well in portrait now.

Thank you. Looks like I need to learn my apps better :p

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn, you scared me then, I thought they had messed with one of my favourite news apps. I had to check to see if you were right! Don't do that!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Most reactions

Latest posts