What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBC iPlayer iPad App Out Now, and it Rocks!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even tried listening to a radio broadcast and it won't even start.
I have the PocketTunes app and I can get ALL of the BBC radio broadcasts. Of course I can not get Top Gear via the radio so I guess I will still have to wait for the US version of the BBC iPlayer.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
1991-C4 said:
I have the PocketTunes app and I can get ALL of the BBC radio broadcasts. Of course I can not get Top Gear via the radio so I guess I will still have to wait for the US version of the BBC iPlayer.

Or you could always watch the subpar. US version of top gear and dream ;)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The US version sucks! Its Jeremy, James and Richard that make the show. Its the only show that makes my wife quite literally LOL!

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
1991-C4 said:
The US version sucks! Its Jeremy, James and Richard that make the show. Its the only show that makes my wife quite literally LOL!

Indeed. Did you catch the huge TG marathon in bbca last weekend? That was the best weekend ever. Lol.

Its captain slow or Nothin! XD

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a good thing I work the "graveyard" shift because I wouldn't get a chance to see my wife on Monday nights anyway!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And when I do actually get a chance to watch TG, I make sure to wear my Fulton Hogan cap just like the one (well almost) Onslow wears in Keeping Up Appearances.

48605201_hughes.jpg

"Oh, nice!"

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its an impressive first version app

Hopefully support for 3G will be available soon.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
yes, a US version is coming in June with a subscription based format. TOP GEAR ON THE GO! WHOOOOOO!!!!

Is it BBC or BBCA? Do you have a link to where you got that info? I am so hoping it is BBC!!

Sent from my 16G wifi iPad using iPF

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tdmsu said:
I have heard there is s subscription fee... how much is it?
Is there also free content available?

Not seen a sub/fee yet. I watched Madagascar last night great clarity,superb app

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Has anyone tried using this app with video out leads connected to a TV? Does it support that? Or is it considered protected content?? If we can send this to a TV I'm definately going to get myself a video out lead!

Yes, has any one tried this yet because it would be great to watch iPlayer on our wide screen TV. I would invest in a video out lead if this was possible!!

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why restrict the iPlayer app to just wifi? Very annoying! I've book marked the iPlayer web page and watch it fine on my 3G connection, so why have the app limited to wifi only?

brumey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can get the BBC app from the uk iTunes store. I live in the us and uk. When in the us I have a VPN connection to the uk and was hoping that was enough to get the app. It seems like my iPad is locked to the us app store. Anyone know how to go to the uk app store or change the country filter?

Thanks,

Kevin

PMudditt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brumey said:
Does anyone know if I can get the BBC app from the uk iTunes store. I live in the us and uk. When in the us I have a VPN connection to the uk and was hoping that was enough to get the app. It seems like my iPad is locked to the us app store. Anyone know how to go to the uk app store or change the country filter?

Thanks,

Kevin

You need to open a second iTunes account that is registered with the UK, there is info on the Apple web site on how to open a free iTunes account without registering a credit card, go via the web to the iTunes store and you can click a flag to change country store, and then before you register go to buy a free app first, only then will it let you register for the new account without a UK credit card.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And speaking of our favourite programmes on the telly.... what ever happened to Alan Titchmarsh?

alan_titchmarsh.jpg

We used to love "Ground Force" and I even bought some of his gardening books for the my wife. Is he even still on their over there? I know that Charlie and Tommy tried to make a go of the show without him, but that appears to have been an utter failure. It would like "Top Gear" without Jeremy!

Most reactions