What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBC iPlayer Beta Site Will Be Live For iPad’s UK Launch

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it will. It is application dependent and I don't believe the iPad will allow video passthrough from Safari or any 3rd party web browser. :(

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty sure it won't; I have Sky Sports on my iPhone and it won't allow streaming to a TV through the composite cable. Photos and videos you've converted yourself are fine. As an aside, the cable is very impressive - it scales up iPhone-sized videos superbly on a 32" TV, so well worth the money IMHO if you have that need.

HTH Pete

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had a simple program a couple of months ago which logged onto iPlayer as a mobile device and download the program to HDD. Sadly since the arrival of the iPad I haven't used it :) so can't remember the name. Googling may help but I suspect the Beeb has blocked it by now.

fixerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a simple program a couple of months ago which logged onto iPlayer as a mobile device and download the program to HDD. Sadly since the arrival of the iPad I haven't used it :) so can't remember the name. Googling may help but I suspect the Beeb has blocked it by now.

Was it called iPlayer Grabber?

iain1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any more updates/experiences on the compatibility if either of the Apple video cables and the BBC "Big Screen" app I use on the iPad?

I used ipdl to download some Glastonbury 2010 stuff this summer. It worked OK. Not used it since though.

Most reactions

Latest posts