What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery

Greg Martin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How far should I run down the battery in my new iPad air before charging. In my car I always top it off at a quarter or half, but I'm not sure if that's good for these devices.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) This is an oft asked question and some searching will provide plenty of posts on the topic (including a number by me) - please thoroughly read this Apple Support Article, especially close to the bottom which is quoted below; the purpose of this recommendation is to allow the battery's monitoring technology to recalibrate so that an accurate report of its charge percentage is provided. Dave

For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

OP
Greg Martin

Greg Martin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Giradman,are we suppose to search for answers before asking question because I'm a new member and not sure of the rules yet.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Giradman,are we suppose to search for answers before asking question because I'm a new member and not sure of the rules yet.

Well, not a firm rule but often a suggestion by members who have been here long enough and know certain questions are asked often - so always worth an effort; unfortunately, I find the search features of this site's software frustrating, especially when I'm trying to look for my own posts to quote - Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's better to use the Google custom search at the top right on the site. The forum's built in search rarely turns up anything useful.

The IPF apps' search appears to be the forum search, so when on the iPad if, I really need to search, I'll again go to Google. Either by visiting the site in Safari and using Custom Search, or by going directly to Google and using the Advanced Search features to limit the search to ipadforums.net. It also helps to limit the search to the last year, so as to avoid old answers that may no longer work.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's better to use the Google custom search at the top right on the site. The forum's built in search rarely turns up anything useful.

The IPF apps' search appears to be the forum search, so when on the iPad if, I really need to search, I'll again go to Google. Either by visiting the site in Safari and using Custom Search, or by going directly to Google and using the Advanced Search features to limit the search to ipadforums.net. It also helps to limit the search to the last year, so as to avoid old answers that may no longer work.

Thanks TP - I've been using Google search for a while and indeed a much better option; another choice from the Google search bar is to enter the search words (including one's user name if that is the purpose) followed by 'site:ipadforums.net' (w/o the quotes) - works nicely for other forums. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts