Battery

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by Greg Martin, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Greg Martin

Greg Martin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    How far should I run down the battery in my new iPad air before charging. In my car I always top it off at a quarter or half, but I'm not sure if that's good for these devices.

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello & welcome to the forum! :) This is an oft asked question and some searching will provide plenty of posts on the topic (including a number by me) - please thoroughly read this Apple Support Article, especially close to the bottom which is quoted below; the purpose of this recommendation is to allow the battery's monitoring technology to recalibrate so that an accurate report of its charge percentage is provided. Dave

3. Greg Martin

Greg Martin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Giradman,are we suppose to search for answers before asking question because I'm a new member and not sure of the rules yet.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, not a firm rule but often a suggestion by members who have been here long enough and know certain questions are asked often - so always worth an effort; unfortunately, I find the search features of this site's software frustrating, especially when I'm trying to look for my own posts to quote - Dave :)

5. Greg Martin

Greg Martin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Dave

6. mickeyang

mickeyang
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi bros, I heard have to charge full first time full then let it run down naturally..

7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    It's better to use the Google custom search at the top right on the site. The forum's built in search rarely turns up anything useful.

The IPF apps' search appears to be the forum search, so when on the iPad if, I really need to search, I'll again go to Google. Either by visiting the site in Safari and using Custom Search, or by going directly to Google and using the Advanced Search features to limit the search to ipadforums.net. It also helps to limit the search to the last year, so as to avoid old answers that may no longer work.

8. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Thanks TP - I've been using Google search for a while and indeed a much better option; another choice from the Google search bar is to enter the search words (including one's user name if that is the purpose) followed by 'site:ipadforums.net' (w/o the quotes) - works nicely for other forums. Dave :)