What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was curious. How's your battery life since the new update? I really haven't noticed any difference.

Last edited:

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent noticed a difference. This thing still goes 12 hours to get to 2% on the battery. Amazing.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was curious. How's your battery life since the new update? I really haven't noticed any difference.

Well, as you likely already know, there have been update issues w/ the current releases of iOS concerning battery issues, so what version(s) are you talking about and what problems are you talking about - please, when posting a new thread, include some specifics - just saying - :)

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, as you likely already know, there have been update issues w/ the current releases of iOS concerning battery issues, so what version(s) are you talking about and what problems are you talking about - please, when posting a new thread, include some specifics - just saying - :)

Hi and thanks for your suggestion Giradman. I'm referring to the new update 6.1.2. I heard there was some talk regarding battery issues with this new update and wanted to be aware. As I mentioned in my post, I've had NO problems whatsoever with the new update.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Frank - thanks for your response - I'm on the 6.1.2 update also and have not notice much of a change, but there still seems to be some discussion over the topic - sorry about any misunderstanding - Dave :)

Karlomdv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed it a bit since i use my ipad for school and when i get home its usually 20-30% life now its 40%

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 3, IOS 6.1.2. JAILBROKEN about a month. Starting 2 days ago I've been monitoring the battery performance. When I turn the iPad on I note the time and again when I turn it off.

In 24 hours from a full charge and using the iPad less then 2 hours the battery is down to 42%. I started monitoring because after 48 hours from full charge with unknown usage (probably 2 hours or so), the battery had depleted to 10%. I also notice it takes much longer to fully charge. It used to go to a full charge in 6 hours or less now it takes 12 or more hours to a full charge.

I don't recall ever having battery issues like this prior to the 6.1.2 upgrade.

Any suggestions to getting the most out of the battery?

OP
Frank77

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3, IOS 6.1.2. JAILBROKEN about a month. Starting 2 days ago I've been monitoring the battery performance. When I turn the iPad on I note the time and again when I turn it off.

In 24 hours from a full charge and using the iPad less then 2 hours the battery is down to 42%. I started monitoring because after 48 hours from full charge with unknown usage (probably 2 hours or so), the battery had depleted to 10%. I also notice it takes much longer to fully charge. It used to go to a full charge in 6 hours or less now it takes 12 or more hours to a full charge.

I don't recall ever having battery issues like this prior to the 6.1.2 upgrade.

Any suggestions to getting the most out of the battery?

I'm really not sure how to fix your problem jimt. Perhaps others will chime in with a fix. Good luck!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@jimt29, check your Cydia tweaks/apps compatibility. Incompatibilities are one of the major causes (if not the number 1 cause) of battery draining. Make sure that all your tweaks are compatible with iOS 6, and if they're not, remove them until they're updated for iOS 6 compatibility or use alternatives that are supported by iOS 6 until that happens.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@jimt29, check your Cydia tweaks/apps compatibility. Incompatibilities are one of the major causes (if not the number 1 cause) of battery draining. Make sure that all your tweaks are compatible with iOS 6, and if they're not, remove them until they're updated for iOS 6 compatibility or use alternatives that are supported by iOS 6 until that happens.

Good call. That was the first thing I did. Found 1 conflict and remove the offender. I also shut off most notifications but still the problem persists.

Thanks for weighing in.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Install syslog from Cydia and see if there's something looping that may be causing the issue. At the same time, check your Diagnostics & Usage in Settings.app and see if anything stands out like panic.plist errors recently or something along those lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cydia is an iOS application for jailbroken iPads.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
My iPad is 3rd generation, IOS 6.1.2 and not jail broken. I use Battery Doctor to record and regulate my charging. I have noticed, according to Battery Doctor, that it is taking increasingly longer to fully charge. Gone from 3hrs to now 8hrs. I do not believe that this is an iPad issue but may be something to do with BD software. The actual usage has not increased, for example, the battery lasts as long with my usual usage as it has always done. The battery usage depends on what apps are running, brightness level, location services, Wi-Fi, etc etc., all these background services affect usage and charge. All our iPads will have different battery charge times unless we have the exactly same apps and services running, logical. It may be a good idea to disable Wi-Fi etc. whilst charging. You may see a difference then.

Most reactions

Latest posts