What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery

lolabe11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My battery life is not as good Asti use to be. Any ideas why?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Lolabe11 - welcome to the forum! :)

First, you've not provided much information, e.g. which iPad, how long have you owned it, & have you routinely discharged the battery completely? Second, please read This Information and be sure to scroll to the bottom to understand the need to periodically (once a month) to let the battery 'run down' near completely - this will re-calibrate the battery monitor - hope this helps and please post back if you are having other issues?

Apollinar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have owned the iPad mini 4 and been using it for eight whole years. It is natural that the battery runs low quicker? The company itself does not replace the battery and offers a whole same appliance replacement for a 379€ cost. At the market there are service stores that change the battery at a reasonable price (80€) and also offer a two year guarantee. Has anyone tried such an out-of-Apple solution?
Apple’s proposal sounds good for a new device, but, again, 379€ is …good money to pay, plus you have to take care of your archives, applications etc, having backed up on your own, before giving them the appliance. Thank you in advance

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is normal for the battery to degrade over time, especially eight years. The operating system the old iPad Mini runs will not be able to support the latest versions either. If i had to decide and the part exchange price for a new device was £379, I would go for it. Backing up the device, which is a good idea anyway, is straight forward.

Apollinar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Lolabe11 - welcome to the forum! :)

First, you've not provided much information, e.g. which iPad, how long have you owned it, & have you routinely discharged the battery completely? Second, please read This Information and be sure to scroll to the bottom to understand the need to periodically (once a month) to let the battery 'run down' near completely - this will re-calibrate the battery monitor - hope this helps and please post back if you are having other issues?
It is normal for the battery to degrade over time, especially eight years. The operating system the old iPad Mini runs will not be able to support the latest versions either. If i had to decide and the part exchange price for a new device was £379, I would go for it. Backing up the device, which is a good idea anyway, is straight forward.
Thank you

Most reactions