What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery won't charge at all

demonica29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! First time on the forum, but our first iPad was purchased the first week they were available. We have two iPads at our house. My son's is the original one purchased way back when and passed from my mom to me to him, mine is newer and 3G.

I charge both on a pretty regular basis as we use them A LOT. Last night, my sons was down to 14% so I plugged it in and nothing, not even the NOT CHARGING message. This morning, I plugged mine into the same charger, and it started charging just fine. So I did the same thing with a second charger with the same results, mine charged, his didn't. I'd rather not drive to the Apple Store if I can help it, but if I can't get his to start charging by tonight, I will have to share mine <shudder>. Any ideas?

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sounds like the ipad not charging has an issue and NOT the charger..you will have to bring it in..or first try to use a can of compressed air..it might just have dirty conection on the power pin

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Abbeywlmj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the iPad 2 and I ad the same problem, I panicked thinking oh no what hav I done is it broken. I tried out loads of things but it turns out all I needed to do was blow in the hole at the bottom of the iPad (where the charger goes in) and when I put the charger back in it worked :) hope this helped

Most reactions

Latest posts