What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery warning!

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do we set the battery alert time warning on Ipad ?
Thanks for your help .

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As fas I know, you can't! You will start getting low battery warnings when you have 20% remaining.

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is exactly what I was getting before installing the new ios 4.2, a warning at 20%.
Now with ios 4.2 installed, I reach below 15% without any warning. I have to verify the % regularly in order to decide that it's time to recharge.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh! I swear mine came on at 40%. I didn't understand why it would come on that high.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will get a warning first at 20%, that is because it was geared at the iPhone where 20% means its about to die. With the iPad however if you don't crank your brightness and don't use it nonstop you could last all day at 20% (which at the lowest brightness equates to about 3 hours of useage!!)

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will get a warning first at 20%, that is because it was geared at the iPhone where 20% means its about to die. With the iPad however if you don't crank your brightness and don't use it nonstop you could last all day at 20% (which at the lowest brightness equates to about 3 hours of useage!!)

Yes but I was down to 14% without any warning ! I was really watching getting close to 20% but it kept going down past 20.. past 15 ... that is when I decided to stop and recharge. So your "all day 20%" instence has nothing to do with what I experienced.

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine did not give me a low battery warning at 20%, I will see if it triggers at 10%. It was fine until the update. I will fully discharge before recharge and see.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes but I was down to 14% without any warning ! I was really watching getting close to 20% but it kept going down past 20.. past 15 ... that is when I decided to stop and recharge. So your "all day 20%" instence has nothing to do with what I experienced.

I've always gotten it at 20% then 10%

If I'm not working and im mostly home I let it get down to about 3% before I charge it....but if I'm working I usually charge it every night or two.

OP
Andy Loba

Andy Loba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Conclusion, the OS 4.2 update gives you a battery warning signal at 10%.

Andy Loba

klusmire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
low battery warning

The low battery warning now comes on at 10% with 4.2 vs 20% before. Thanks to the person that mentioned it earlier. I had just not waited for it to get that low and now it came on.

Most reactions

Latest posts