What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery use for eReader

nealp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using my iPad3 as an ebook reader for about 4 hours every day. After about 3 or 4 hours, the battery goes from fully charged to around 75%.

My question - for maximum battery life
Is is better to charge every night, or wait until it goes below 50% to charge?

Knowing this might significantly extend battery life.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using my iPad3 as an ebook reader for about 4 hours every day. After about 3 or 4 hours, the battery goes from fully charged to around 75%. My question - for maximum battery life Is is better to charge every night, or wait until it goes below 50% to charge? Knowing this might significantly extend battery life.
Welcome to iPad Forums, the best iPad forum anywhere.

You can safely charge your iPad battery at any point in the discharge cycle. It is recommended, however, that once a month or so you discharge the battery to 5% or less then fully recharge. This helps keep the battery percentage indicator properly calibrated so that it indicates the correct percentage of power remaining.

Most reactions

Latest posts