What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery usage and standby

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Presently using IOS 9.0.2 on iPad Air 2.

I've always made a note of usage and percentage battery used.

Suddenly the usage in settings/battery is always the same as time since last full charge. This first happened 2 days ago without any notification.

Anybody got any bright ideas as to why ?

Note. I have re-set my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine shows two different times for usage and standby.
image.jpeg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a new one for me. When you reset your iPad did you reset all settings, just in case there's a setting somewhere that may be causing the glitch?

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's a new one for me. When you reset your iPad did you reset all settings, just in case there's a setting somewhere that may be causing the glitch?

Didn't know you could reset all settings, using the switches to reset.

Anyway, no new apps or updates or settings changes have been made to cause this behaviour.

Of course, now usage will not show until next full recharge tonight.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try a controlled experiment, keeping careful track of usage and standby time. Have standby time be significantly more than usage time.

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try a controlled experiment, keeping careful track of usage and standby time. Have standby time be significantly more than usage time.

Carried out suggestion, but both times are the same.

12 hours standby and 3 hours usage both give 15 hours.

Cannot understand it. Never had this before over a number of years and on several devices.

OP
Gtatler

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SORTED !

Would you believe it was a shop app that had set background app refresh to on, whereas I normally have it globally set to off.

Quite why this particular app should have had such a dramatic effect on the battery settings is quite beyond me. I have in the past occasionally used background app refresh with no serious effect other than a slightly increased battery drain.

This app must be terribly written to have such an effect. Needless to say it has been deleted, and all is back to normal.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SORTED !

Would you believe it was a shop app that had set background app refresh to on, whereas I normally have it globally set to off.

Quite why this particular app should have had such a dramatic effect on the battery settings is quite beyond me. I have in the past occasionally used background app refresh with no serious effect other than a slightly increased battery drain.

This app must be terribly written to have such an effect. Needless to say it has been deleted, and all is back to normal.

Congratulations! I'm glad it's finally sorted out.

Most reactions

Latest posts