What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

battery saving

elltell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to get a blank scren when listening to audiobooks? I listened to an audiobook and got a battery low warning and had to close down to recharge.
The screen all the time reading was showing the book cover in full colour, or chapters in black and white.
It would be usefull if the screen was blanked whilst listening, and return upon screentouch.
Anybody have ideas on this please.
elltell.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is putting the iPad to sleep (pressing the power button), not good for you?
Audiobooks will continue to play when the iPad is off. Then just slide to unlock again when / if you want to interact.

You can turn the screen off as you suggest on a jailbroken device. The app "Screendimmer" does this, but it seems as if just turning off should be just what you wanted, no?

OP
E

elltell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
battery problem

Thank you for your reply. Simple when you know how, I would not have done this on the assumption that I would be switching the ipad off.
Prob solved

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
elltell said:
Thank you for your reply. Simple when you know how, I would not have done this on the assumption that I would be switching the ipad off.
Prob solved

Great! A simple solution but a eureka moment none the less!

Most reactions

Latest posts