What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery runs out of juice very fast

thrawn60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Dane in Thailand using Ipad, so if there are any other Danes out here you are more than welcome to contact me.

My problem is that I had some apps crashing and found a nice post on how to close down some apps in the multi task menu....

Today though (did it yesterday) I seem to have a rather large battery usages... When I got up this morning it was on 67% power, and now 7 hours later its down to 35%, actually it was 37% when I started to type this post, and I'm using the add on keyboard dock from apple, so not because my fingers are too fat to hit the buttons...

I was wondering if others had the same problems and how did you get is solved?

I used it today for total of 3 hours active, with email, QQ chat etc, and closed them down in the multitask menu after I used them, plus also turned it off when I went to lunch, just in case something was a mess... with no luck.. it now down at 34%.....

Better end this post before my power does hehe

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a rough rule of thumb with the battery indicator, 10%=1 hour. That includes all apps, videos, games and internet with 3g off.
If your getting worse results check your settings, background apps, brightness etc., as it sounds as if somethings draining your charge.

OP
T

thrawn60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. I took out 5% in the last 15 mins, in sleep mode.

I talked to the iStudio here so in the next few days I will stop by them and properly get a replacement.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lol not scientific, more a guesstimated distillation of unicorn dust....

It's just what I work on when heading out and chosing which to take.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol not scientific, more a guesstimated distillation of
So these two unicorns are standing on the hillside watching Noah load all the animals onto the ark and one says to the other, "Was that today?"

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not only do we get great technical help, but humor as well! What a Forum! One could spend a lifetime here.....

Tim
Scotland

OP
T

thrawn60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved the problem

Hi all,

Even iStudio couldn't solve the problem... since I charged the iPad overnight while being turned off, and next day.. no problems at all...

Not sure what happend, but at least it works the way it should :)

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
lol not scientific, more a guesstimated distillation of unicorn dust....

It's just what I work on when heading out and chosing which to take.

I wasnt able to crack this phrase.why distillation of unicorn dust?

I want to laugh as well hehehe

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Pastan

I think it would be fairly hard to translate Irish/Welsh/Scottish/English "Unicorn dust" into anything other than "Algorithmic /Scientific/Highly-qualified ' B---sh---t'" or something similar. Maybe there are better interpreters out there who may explain the phrase more adequately.

As an edit, I must say that this would be how it translates in "Australian".

Just by the way 10% of a normal battery life of 10 hours would equate to about 1 hour.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts