What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Recharge Time - Ipad4

Urman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just become the proud owner of an Ipad4, and am curious to know the average recharge time for the Ipad. Having let it fully deplete, it took approx. 9 hours to charge to 100%. Charging from e.g 20 to 100% can take 5 to 6 hours or thereabouts. I usually place it on recharge, when it gets down to 15 to 20 %.
Although, it takes quite some time to charge up, it does hold its charge for for a few days. I would be interested in comments or advise.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just become the proud owner of an Ipad4, and am curious to know the average recharge time for the Ipad. Having let it fully deplete, it took approx. 9 hours to charge to 100%. Charging from e.g 20 to 100% can take 5 to 6 hours or thereabouts. I usually place it on recharge, when it gets down to 15 to 20 %.
Although, it takes quite some time to charge up, it does hold its charge for for a few days. I would be interested in comments or advise.

Hi Urman and welcome to the forum. Those charge-up times are very much what I'm getting and I'm very happy with the iPad's battery performance. From what I have read it's pretty much spot on with what others have reported. The length of charge of course depends upon you usage pattern.
Love your avatar, by the way:)
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Urman

Urman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew, it's good to know My experience is the norm. I will also follow a suggestion in an earlier posting, to charge it up overnight as a rule.

Hi Agent 1191, thanks for your reply. Yes, I am connecting to mains power, to charge up.

viorelgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i will charge the iPad from laptop USB from 0% to 100%, what time it takes ?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That sounds about right. Takes too long, IMO. So I fall back to using other devices while waiting.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i will charge the iPad from laptop USB from 0% to 100%, what time it takes ?

Depends what kind of output your laptop provides. Generally, most laptops don't provide enough juice, so charge is even more painfully slow. Charging via wall wart works best.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got a 3 meter cable and now I can sit in a chair, on the couch or lay in bed and use the iPad while charging. Love the flexibility.

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No idea how long mine takes to charge. I plug it in before going to bed, and it's full by morning.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a 3 meter cable and now I can sit in a chair, on the couch or lay in bed and use the iPad while charging. Love the flexibility.

I did that with my first iPad, but didnt like being tethered. So I got more tablets, lol.

Most reactions