What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Question

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it's okay to charge the battery while using your iPad the same time? I got a brand-new iPad Air and I've been doing that for a while and I just want to know if that's going to cause a problem. Thanks for your help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it's okay to charge the battery while using your iPad the same time? I got a brand-new iPad Air and I've been doing that for a while and I just want to know if that's going to cause a problem. Thanks for your help
It won't cause any problems. It will, however, take longer to charge your battery,as usage causes charging to slow or even reverse, causing the battery to discharge because the iPad is drawing more power than the charger can supply.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not leave it on charge over night ? I do.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only caution is to be careful not to stress the cable too much. It will wear out fairly quickly if you're constantly tugging and twisting it under tension.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only caution is to be careful not to stress the cable too much. It will wear out fairly quickly if you're constantly tugging and twisting it under tension.
yup.be carefull. However I have been doing this for over 18 months and the cable is still fine.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not leave it on charge over night ? I do. Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Oh, I do charge it overnight. It's just that I use it so much I find myself having to charge it while using it. But after reading the posts today, I don't think I'm going to do that anymore.

Most reactions