What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery question(iPad)

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So i just want to ask some question regarding iPad's battery.(I'm using the iPad 3 4g LTE)
*How long can the battery run before it can fully discharge(the standard one)
*How long can you keep it running while playing 2d games(Dragon slayer,fruit ninja,eternity warriors etc;)
*Can you charge it any time? (Like when it reaches 32% or 52) - I'm trying to know,since i need a fully charged iPad during a trip.

Thanks!

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can get more than a day if not streaming video all day. That being said it still runs down very slowly when doing so. I can stream the new Upstairs Downstairs then watch a couple of older American college football (yes that's FOOTball) games and still be above 80%.
Mine is the 3rd gen 4gLTE 64 gb

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BlackOropher26 said:
So i just want to ask some question regarding iPad's battery.(I'm using the iPad 3 4g LTE)
*How long can the battery run before it can fully discharge(the standard one)
*How long can you keep it running while playing 2d games(Dragon slayer,fruit ninja,eternity warriors etc;)
*Can you charge it any time? (Like when it reaches 32% or 52) - I'm trying to know,since i need a fully charged iPad during a trip.

Thanks!

According to Apple, you can expect up to 10 hours of battery life when surfing the web on WiFi, less if you use cellular data or do a lot of high intensity gaming with its High definition graphics. Here's a page about battery care for the iPad.
http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html

You can recharge an iPad battery at any point in the discharge cycle, you don't have to fully discharge it first.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
I can get more than a day if not streaming video all day. That being said it still runs down very slowly when doing so. I can stream the new Upstairs Downstairs then watch a couple of older American college football (yes that's FOOTball) games and still be above 80%.
Mine is the 3rd gen 4gLTE 64 gb

You may charge it at any time - it is recommend to let it go to around 10% to 20% once a month or so to calibrate the OS. The battery doesn't have a "memory" like the old style rechargeable ones did.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
You may charge it at any time - it is recommend to let it go to around 10% to 20% once a month or so to calibrate the OS. The battery doesn't have a "memory" like the old style rechargeable ones did.

What you're calibrating here is the battery percentage meter, nothing more.

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to Apple, you can expect up to 10 hours of battery life when surfing the web on WiFi, less if you use cellular data or do a lot of high intensity gaming with its High definition graphics. Here's a page about battery care for the iPad.
Apple - Batteries - iPad

You can recharge an iPad battery at any point in the discharge cycle, you don't have to fully discharge it first.

I mean can i charge it like for ex(50% or lower) anytime i want?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BlackOropher26 said:
I mean can i charge it like for ex(50% or lower) anytime i want?

Exactly, you can plug in the charger at any time you choose.

Most reactions

Latest posts