What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery problem

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have repeatedly turned on the iPad, because may be it has gone to sleep, you could have higher percentage than normal. If you access a lot of widgets they will use power, as will Notifications.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Widgets are the extensions to Apps such as Weather, so you get a shortened version on the Home screen without necessarily going to the main App.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Home and Lock screen is using 20% of the battery life. Is this usual? Can it be fixed?

Seems excessive - just checked my iPad Air 2 (on iOS 10.3 - might want to tell us your iOS?) and for the past 7 days, my reading for 'Home & Lock Screen' is just 3%. You've already been given great advice; also, check this OSXDaily Article for more suggestions; finally, check what your radios are doing when the iPad is sleeping - good luck and please let us know what seemed to help. Dave :)

OP
sceadugenga

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
My iOS is 10.3.1
It dropped to 14% for the last 24 hours after I closed the background refresh for a number of apps.

What exactly happens here, does a news service refresh continuously while they are open and it has to be done manually if they are closed?

Most reactions