What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery problem with ipad2?

mtbruck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did some testing

I have both versions of the iPad. I noticed right away that the iPad 2 seems to drain much faster. I made sure the setting on both were the same. I charged both of them fully. I then unplugged them and let them sit turned off for 6 hours. The 1st version was still at 100%, while the iPad 2 was at 80%. That doesn't make any sense. I would love some feedback and some answers. The only thing I can think of is that the OS on the iPad 2 is using the battery up. The 1st version has not been updated. Any thoughts?

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this happen with my original Ipad when I upgraded from 4.2.1 - 4.3. I fixed it by draining the battery till the Ipad shut off and then doing a complete charge. After the battery was calibrated I did not have any more problems. When I got my Ipad 2 last week I ran it the first time until the battery drained completely then did a full charge and it will stay at 100% off the charger for 8+ hours without being used, wi-fi and push notifications on

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are the people experiencing differences between iPad and iPad 2 early buyers of the iPad? Did they have to break in their iPads, It seems that the iPad 2s are so factory fresh they haven't done any of the typical pre-breakins on the battery that you find in most consumer goods.

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ping

The only thing I can think of is that the OS on the iPad 2 is using the battery up. The 1st version has not been updated. Any thoughts?

Don't forget PING was added in one of the later OS updates and it is a known battery drainer. Go into restrictions and turn off PING.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fucking Ping. :mad:

I hate Ping(latancey) in my video games and I hate it in my iTunes. It also rimes with Bing.

fbizzell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you enable restrictions

When I try to enable restrictions in order to turn ping off
it asked for a 4 digit passcode? Where do I get the passcode?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that the OS on the iPad 2 is using the battery up. The 1st version has not been updated. Any thoughts?

Don't forget PING was added in one of the later OS updates and it is a known battery drainer. Go into restrictions and turn off PING.

Excuse my ignorance as I am new to Apple/iPad 2, but what exactly does Ping do?

EDIT: Ignore me I have just found out.... I have now turned it off :D

Last edited:

Batnun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took the ipad2 to the Apple store as suggested, but the best I could get from the geniuses there is that a 1% to 2% drain per hour during sleep is normal.

Same here...

So, if 1% to 2% battery drain per hour in standby mode is normal, I can't see how they advertise that the iPad 2 have one month standby time... :confused:

Batnun

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
fbizzell said:
When I try to enable restrictions in order to turn ping off
it asked for a 4 digit passcode? Where do I get the passcode?

Where can u turn ping off on iPad?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 2 doesn't drain at all over night although I have the smart cover feature disabled.

timurmekhdiev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 2 battery drainage

i charge my ipad overnight then put it on sleep, after 8 hours it's still on 100% but when i use it the battery drains very fast for example on brightness a bit less than medium, when i watch a movie on avplayerHD, 1% in 5 minutes. i can't understand if this is normal

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
timurmekhdiev said:
i charge my ipad overnight then put it on sleep, after 8 hours it's still on 100% but when i use it the battery drains very fast for example on brightness a bit less than medium, when i watch a movie on avplayerHD, 1% in 5 minutes. i can't understand if this is normal

Same here:( never saw with my pad 1?

Most reactions

Latest posts