Battery problem with ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by fredhatfield, Mar 17, 2011.

1. josun

josun
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    This is true and perfectly normal as the iPad has to keep feeding current to memory to keep your apps "alive" when in sleep. Try closing as many apps possible before you go to bed. Also, changing your push notification to manual helps a lot. Smart cover mechanism shouldn't draw any discernable amount of current so you should be fine.

2. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I see something similar

that I never experienced with my iPad. The iPad 2 will go from 100% charge to 65% charge in sleep mode with no apps running, wifi & blue tooth turned off in 24 hours.

Never happend with iPad.

3. fbizzell

fbizzell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    How do you "kill" an app?

4. Lifet1me

Lifet1me
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:

push and hold any app till they shiver, u can see a red sign at the topleft of any non-system app, hit that sign, ull be asked to delete the app.

Question beside, do you guys load the IPad first once u unboxed it while its off and wait till its full or do you just start using it no matter on which level the battery is?

5. josun

josun
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The only other area that I could think of is the background. If you have a custom background in high resolution it might draw more power. Other than that, it could just be a battery fault.

6. mtbruck

mtbruck
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Did some testing

I have both versions of the iPad. I noticed right away that the iPad 2 seems to drain much faster. I made sure the setting on both were the same. I charged both of them fully. I then unplugged them and let them sit turned off for 6 hours. The 1st version was still at 100%, while the iPad 2 was at 80%. That doesn't make any sense. I would love some feedback and some answers. The only thing I can think of is that the OS on the iPad 2 is using the battery up. The 1st version has not been updated. Any thoughts?

7. mbern1008

mbern1008
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had this happen with my original Ipad when I upgraded from 4.2.1 - 4.3. I fixed it by draining the battery till the Ipad shut off and then doing a complete charge. After the battery was calibrated I did not have any more problems. When I got my Ipad 2 last week I ran it the first time until the battery drained completely then did a full charge and it will stay at 100% off the charger for 8+ hours without being used, wi-fi and push notifications on

8. Dorje

Dorje
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Are the people experiencing differences between iPad and iPad 2 early buyers of the iPad? Did they have to break in their iPads, It seems that the iPad 2s are so factory fresh they haven't done any of the typical pre-breakins on the battery that you find in most consumer goods.

9. Tom P.

Tom P.
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ping

Don't forget PING was added in one of the later OS updates and it is a known battery drainer. Go into restrictions and turn off PING.

10. Dorje

Dorje
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Fucking Ping. :mad:

I hate Ping(latancey) in my video games and I hate it in my iTunes. It also rimes with Bing.