What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery problem with ipad2?

fredhatfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 battery drains even when it is off. Does anyone else have this problem? I can charge it to 100% at night and by morning it is down to 90% without even using it. I am using the smart cover to turn it on and off -- I have the setting for the cover on "ON".

Fred.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you have wifi, bluetooth, and/or g3 turned on it's still using power. Charging overnight might be a better idea.

OP
F

fredhatfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have bluetooth, g3 turned on. My ipad1 is the same configuration, but it never drained when off. Just curious about the ipad2 because it could drain completely eventually without being used at this rate.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's not right. You should bring it back to Apple and get them to look at it.

Macmutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 battery drains even when it is off. Does anyone else have this problem? I can charge it to 100% at night and by morning it is down to 90% without even using it. I am using the smart cover to turn it on and off -- I have the setting for the cover on "ON".

Fred.

I'm no expert but i would try shutting off the smart cover on / off function, because i don't think it's really completely powered off with that function on.

It's obvious;y just in sleep mode thereby still drawing battery life.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a lot of push notifications turned on? Mine drains 10% over a few hours because of it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Fred.

I'm no expert but i would try shutting off the smart cover on / off function, because i don't think it's really completely powered off with that function on.

It's obvious;y just in sleep mode thereby still drawing battery life.

The iPad is always in sleep mode unless it's completely powered off by pressing and holding the physical power button on the side.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theres also possibility that, thanks to damn multitasking, some of your apps are still on the run, hit the home button twice, the apps now popping up on the bottom are apps still running and draining battery life. Push and hold these, like deleting normal apps you can close them and battery will life longer again.

OP
F

fredhatfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took the ipad2 to the Apple store as suggested, but the best I could get from the geniuses there is that a 1% to 2% drain per hour during sleep is normal.

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took the ipad2 to the Apple store as suggested, but the best I could get from the geniuses there is that a 1% to 2% drain per hour during sleep is normal.

This is true and perfectly normal as the iPad has to keep feeding current to memory to keep your apps "alive" when in sleep. Try closing as many apps possible before you go to bed. Also, changing your push notification to manual helps a lot. Smart cover mechanism shouldn't draw any discernable amount of current so you should be fine.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see something similar

that I never experienced with my iPad. The iPad 2 will go from 100% charge to 65% charge in sleep mode with no apps running, wifi & blue tooth turned off in 24 hours.

Never happend with iPad.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you "kill" an app?

push and hold any app till they shiver, u can see a red sign at the topleft of any non-system app, hit that sign, ull be asked to delete the app.

Question beside, do you guys load the IPad first once u unboxed it while its off and wait till its full or do you just start using it no matter on which level the battery is?

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that I never experienced with my iPad. The iPad 2 will go from 100% charge to 65% charge in sleep mode with no apps running, wifi & blue tooth turned off in 24 hours.

Never happend with iPad.

The only other area that I could think of is the background. If you have a custom background in high resolution it might draw more power. Other than that, it could just be a battery fault.

Most reactions

Latest posts