Battery Pack for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Bmosbacker, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Alcoholicaust

Alcoholicaust
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes. It is an Energizer external battery pack. It only takes two AA batteries so I'm not sure how long I'll get out of it, but it does provide a charge.

It's kind of funny though, this thing sometimes doesn't work with my iPhone. I have to turn it off, and then pug it in. If my iPhone is on when I plug it in, it doesn't work. I just assumed it wouldn't work with my iPad. I had to break it to fit, but it does work.

2. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Depend on the existing Energizer model you have, but the battery is still the same in all is 1.800 Mah so can only give you 20 to 30 minutes of soft iPad use only if you are not 100% out for battery in your iPad

3. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    If I am not mistaken, some 30 pin connectors for iPhone/iPod are not compatible with the iPad, but all iPad compatible 30 pin connectors are compatible for iPhone and iPod. However, if the battery charger power supply is USB compatible, it should work.

4. r34p3rex

r34p3rex
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I think the main problem is that the ipad requires 2A to charge. Most battery packs cannot provide current at a fast enough rate.

Another thing that you have to remember is that the ipad has a 6500mAH battery whereas iphones/ipods have a ~1500mah battery. You would need a much larger battery to effectively increase your ipad's operating time :D

5. iTechboy

iTechboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have bought 2 chargers to back up my iPhone and my iPad. Its a US based company that sells mainly batteries for phones and laptops and I must tell you their products and services are both incredible. If you need a really powerful battery charger I recommend NewTrent's IMP880 though their upgraded version the IMP880/1000 fully charges my iPad by more than a full cycle at 100%. Plus it charges my iPhone by 6 or7 cycles so I no longer worry about it running out of juice all the time. Must have battery charger if you own an iPad.

6. iTechboy

iTechboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Based on my testing, here's what I get with my IMP1000 from NewTrent
    For my iPhone -I get more than 75 hours of movie time (that's a lot of movies)
    and about 30 plus hours of movie time when I've charged my iPad. I don't know of any other product that even compares.

7. kc2ped

kc2ped
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Try melatonin. Worked great for mr when flying from Boston to Ireland. Available in health food store and pharmacy supplements sections.

8. Gazelle2

Gazelle2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, iTech. It looks like New Trent has the IMP 1000 on a pretty good sale right now but it is preordered/backordered for about a week.

9. strawbarryFields

strawbarryFields
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have the HyperMac battery from a few years ago. Worked with MacBook, macBook Pro and iPhone. Doesn't seem to be working with new iPad. Too bad because it doubles battery life on the MacBook and more than that on the iPhone 4.

10. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Get a spare iPad. I have two so that I always have one fully charged. On some trips, I bring both.