What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Life

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 battery life reduces faster than iPad first generation. After 1hr the battery life on iPad 2 is at 75%

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at 92% after one hour, from a full charge, so mine is well within the ten hours stated, just like my iPad 1.

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your ipad entirely new? It might take a few charges before the battery is working 100%.

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nugga said:
Is your ipad entirely new? It might take a few charges before the battery is working 100%.

No! I've had the iPad 2 for two weeks. The battery life is now at 62%

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if you are using the latest iOS 4.3.1? I've read posts who have said it improved their battery life.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nugga said:

No! I've had the iPad 2 for two weeks. The battery life is now at 62%

I've heard the 3G on the iPad 2 kills battery more quickly. Have you tried testing it out with airplane mode and wifi-on?

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NAYo2002 said:
I've heard the 3G on the iPad 2 kills battery more quickly. Have you tried testing it out with airplane mode and wifi-on?

This model only has wifi..battery life now at 59%

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NAYo2002 said:

I ONLY use 3G as it's faster than my 1.5m DSL wifi, so 3G is on 100% of the time and I still get over ten hours on my iPad 2. At 90% now with about an hour and 15 minutes use of web, email, and forums.

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TC93 said:
Just wondering if you are using the latest iOS 4.3.1? I've read posts who have said it improved their battery life.

Yes! The iOS is 4.3.1

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Mine drops about 6-8% each hour while cruising the net on wifi at home. Well more than 10 hours battery life total before it needs a charge. Are you on 3G or wifi? What are you running/playing for apps? Music? Video?

Not playing games, was viewing Facebook for a few minute. Taken a few pictures ...battery life now at 57%

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now recharging after less then three hours, battery life down to 56%.....

Boldie24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DexHealth said:

There is another thread on this topic that explains turning off "ping" will help.

Sent from my iPad2, 32gb 3G

bummpr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DexHealth said:

There is another thread on this topic that explains turning off "ping" will help.

Wait a minute...won't this kill the Find my iPhone feature if you can't ping it?

Edit: No...still seems to work so I'm going to turn Ping OFF.

Last edited:

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
turned off ping myself now too.
It might be Ping killing my battery when the iPad is out of use

Most reactions

Latest posts