Battery life

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by the_john, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Jerikh0

Jerikh0
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I love the battery life of my iPad 1... I stay at campus pretty much the whole day and I never have to worry about my battery running out. This is why my iPad replaced my netbook...I type pretty fast on it also but im still getting used to it.

2. volcanopele

volcanopele
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Okay, I had the brightness bar set at 50% (or that was the default it came with and that seemed fine by me as that was what it was at with the ipad1). i also had auto-brightness on. I have kept auto-brightness on, but I have toned down the brightness setting to around 25-33%. Hopefully that will be fine.

3. the_john

the_john
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Main reason I went with the iPad besides better portability. My laptop battery only holds an hour charge with light internet usage. I can stretch it out to two if I only use word for writing but that's it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

4. mslammers

mslammers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone found an Apple app similar to the Win app that ASUS built that raised the amps through the USB port?

5. manddarran

manddarran
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    my ipad1 has way better battery life. no streaming just web and email and 5 hours later at 38% and dropping. not sure what is going on? background apps in 4.3?

6. dmaul1114

dmaul1114
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm very pleased with it. I see about 10% drain per hour of active use which puts it right at the advertised 10 hours.

7. the_john

the_john
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I've been charging it every night since I bought it but now it's time to put it to the test. I charged it last night, unplugged it, checked Facebook and went to school this morning. When I got home at 3:00 it was still at 100%. Now it's 10:00, I'm going to bed, not going to charge it and it's only at 87%. Curious to see how long I can go without a recharge.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF