What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery life

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive been playing with this thing non stop since I got home at 6:00. It was at 75% out of the box and is now at 41% at 11:00. Five hours of straight playing around and it has only dropped that much. Awesome.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me the batterylife is apple's "secret sauce" behind the iPad.
Being able to use a device all day long without thinking about charging is redefining portablity. It also gives their competitors their biggest challenge.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coolness. Battery life is, I think, the key hardware reason for the iPad's success.

Sure, some netbooks claim up to 10 hours as well. But the second you so much as fart, let alone run anything with Flash, you'll be looking for an AC outlet.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I came home last weekend Friday evening from the office with 100% charge. Used it all weekend - surfing, games, email, video, even a bitof GarageBand - right up to Sunday evening, and it was still holding 19%.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I streamed Netflix yesterday like a marathon to test the battery. It was 4% after 10hrs and 25mins.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Future is nano technology that will give everything huge huge battery life from miniscule units! Cant be long now...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have seen the internal pics of the iPad, the biggest and most unmissable components are the twin batteries. By comparison the processor board and other peripherals comprise just a small portion of the internal components.

ipad-dissected.jpg

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the reasons why I am getting the Ipad 2. I am tired having my laptop plugged in ALL the time!

Spaarty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being a first time iPad buyer, I've been really impressed with the battery life as well. I'm so used to having to plug the lap top in every few hours to give it a charge, this is an awesome change for me.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heh, I don't even turn on the battery percentage that you can have displayed next to the battery picture like I do on my iPhone. No need to fret over percentages!

Reaction score
Using offline stuff with the wifi, bluetooth and especially 3g off help even more .I get better than 8 hours of usage time , mostly using online apps and leave wifi on all the time.I was getting better the first few days until I started using wifi/online and my Zagg mate so much

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

Most reactions