What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery life is draining at 3times the speed

seanbediako

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life is draining at 3times the speed as normal since I jail broke my ipad 1 wifi (4.2.1) using green poison

Please help anyone?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to tell us what Cydia applications you have installed. The jailbreak itself does NOTHING to the battery consumption. It is ALWAYS a symptom of something you have installed which is usually not compatible with the iPad. You need to list out what you have installed and we will see if we can help. OK?

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help...

A month or 2 back I JB'ed my mates iPhone 4 and he experienced the same issue... The battery was draining super fast.

I took the phone home with me and started sifting through endless amount of complaints about this and finally came to a solution... It appears that after the JB, if you have an exchange mail account added on with the options to sync email, contacts and calendar..... The contacts option is the issue. All I had to do was deactivate the contacts sync and tadaa... Battery stopped draining like crazy.

Not sure if it may the same issue on the iPad... Hope it helps.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to tell us what Cydia applications you have installed. The jailbreak itself does NOTHING to the battery consumption. It is ALWAYS a symptom of something you have installed which is usually not compatible with the iPad. You need to list out what you have installed and we will see if we can help. OK?

Great post. I learned something today!

OP
S

seanbediako

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a list of things it say under the installed tab at bottom:
A
An Arsenal boot logo
Animate
B
BigBoss icon set
C
Cydia installer
Cydia Translations
E
Enhanced Ctorrent
Essential
I
Ifile
M
Mobile substrate
S
Safari download plug-in
Sauriks source
Sringboard access

I also downloaded snes4iphone app before I found out it doesn't work for the iPad so I removed it?

Oops pls bear with my lack of know how but can you or someone pls tell me how to turn off the contact syn setting?

Cheers guys

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safari Download Plugin is built for iOS 2.0 AFAIK! Try getting rid of that...

OP
S

seanbediako

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have removed it, hopefully this will slow things down. Also the whole iPad has just switched off on me and I can only see the silver apple symbol so I have had to use the reset method a few times :-s

I'll keep u posted

Cheer mate

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Click settings,
click mail / contact / calendars
Click on your email account

You will see

Email
Contact
Calendar

If contact is switched on, click it to toggle off

Hope it helps.

Don9307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops said:
Not sure if this will help...

A month or 2 back I JB'ed my mates iPhone 4 and he experienced the same issue... The battery was draining super fast.

I took the phone home with me and started sifting through endless amount of complaints about this and finally came to a solution... It appears that after the JB, if you have an exchange mail account added on with the options to sync email, contacts and calendar..... The contacts option is the issue. All I had to do was deactivate the contacts sync and tadaa... Battery stopped draining like crazy.

Not sure if it may the same issue on the iPad... Hope it helps.

I have a jail broken iPhone 4 with an Exchange account with sync enabled and I don't have this problem at all.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
S

seanbediako

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WTF, it seems like anything and everything I install from Cydia f's up my iPad. My iPad has been jail broken for about a month now and I have paid for around 4 Cydia apps and installed them and removed them again almost instantly. I only brought the apps as advised by f4780y on his ultimate tweaks list and still most of the free themes I can't find once I install them and the anything else drains my battery life. Ive gained nothing by jb'ing my iPad. Ultimately all I wanted was to be able to download free movies and tunes and bypass flash online.

I installed the free action menu and that's the only difference from my list of apps above. Please help!. Even writing on this blog is killing my battery!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
seanbediako said:
, it seems like anything and everything I install from Cydia f's up my iPad. My iPad has been jail broken for about a month now and I have paid for around 4 Cydia apps and installed them and removed them again almost instantly. I only brought the apps as advised by f4780y on his ultimate tweaks list and still most of the free themes I can't find once I install them and the anything else drains my battery life. Ive gained nothing by jb'ing my iPad. Ultimately all I wanted was to be able to download free movies and tunes and bypass flash online.

I installed the free action menu and that's the only difference from my list of apps above. Please help!. Even writing on this blog is killing my battery!

I'm sorry you are having troubles, so did you take the advice I gave to the other poster above? If you have the same list of apps you should not use Safari Download Manager from what I know... Others may be able to correct me.

I would also take note that nothing I have (or would ever) recommend in this section is either to do with obtaining movies or music for free (which if they are supposed to be paid for is piracy, and forbidden here). I'm also not sure what you mean by "bypass flash online". How are you trying to do that?

It would also help me troubleshoot if you told us what apps you purchased and are having trouble with before you took them off... Confirm exactly what apps you do have installed via Cydia for clarity please, and we'll see if we can help...

Most reactions

Latest posts