What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery guzzler?

Supafongboon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone knows if the apps / games that runs in the background eats battery life. Games like tap reef, tiny chef, trade nations, and farmville. I have all 4 running earning money and resources but do you know if it's killing my battery in any way??

Also, this is a noob question since it's my first iPad / touch of any sort, does the iPad ever shut off or do I ever need to? Does just attaching the smart cover count as "turning off"? Or do I have to also turn it off for some reason. Cause in sleep / covered screen mode, those games are still running in the background.

Thanks in advance

normanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can turn off your iPad simply by holding down the on/off button on the top right for a few seconds. A bar will appear and you can slide it to turn the computer off. Holding down that same button for a few seconds will turn it back on.

I seldom turn mine of, and usually just have it in standby (sleep) mode when I am not using it. I have not observed any appreciable loss of battery charge when I have had the iPad in standby for several hours.

ETA I don't have any of those games.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Smart cover just puts it to sleep, but that said I've only turned my iPad 1's off one or twice the whole time I had them. Not something I ever think about.

As to battery use, I find the iPad2 just as good as the iPad1 and use the rough gauge of 10% battery equals an hour. If you find yourself using much more than that, I'd conclude your games are responsible. Don't play them myself so can't comment further:)

OP
S

Supafongboon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems that running 4 of those games does eat your battery. I was at 84 and now it's 73 after about 40 minutes of switching between the 4 games. So yeah. It might not be the games itself, but it might be due to switching between the games so frequently, not sure. If anyone else plays these games and sees a difference in battery life please let me know

Most reactions

Latest posts