What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

battery full / 100% , screen blinks / flashes

EugeneNBW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I put my ipad to "sleep / standby / lock screen" or whatever, if it is unplugged, it stays off. However if it is plugged in, it will blink every minute or so to let me know the battery is full.

It is in a square stand, so it is going to be plugged in and on standby fairly often.

My Ipad stays on, but the screen blinks to life / flashes and there is a tone indicating that the battery is full / 100%.

I've reseated everything I've cleaned everything and it is still blinking and making that tone.

This is only happening when the screen is locked (but obviously the ipad is still on).

I'm hoping that without jailbreaking it, I can turn off the setting that alerts me when the battery is 100%.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've owned various iPad models over the last 7 years and have never heard or seen any sort of alert when my battery reaches full charge.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I put my ipad to "sleep / standby / lock screen" or whatever, if it is unplugged, it stays off. However if it is plugged in, it will blink every minute or so to let me know the battery is full.

It is in a square stand, so it is going to be plugged in and on standby fairly often.

My Ipad stays on, but the screen blinks to life / flashes and there is a tone indicating that the battery is full / 100%..............

Hello Eugene... - welcome to the forum! :) First, I'd have to agree w/ Scifan.., i.e. the behavior is atypical and nothing that I've observed w/ 4 iPads since 2011. Second, provide some more information: 1) What iPad do you own (be specific); 2) What iOS is installed (and did this happen on recent new iOS installs); and 3) What do you mean by a 'square stand'? Finally, do you have any 'Battery Apps' on your device that might have a setting to beep when the battery is fully charged. Dave

OP
E

EugeneNBW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for repsonding!

1) MP2G2LL/A [ Apple iPad with WiFi, 32GB, Silver (2017 Model) ]
2) 12.1 , and I haven't had any other iOS installed AFAIK, though this was a refurb.
3) Square is a Point of Sale company. The square stand is basically a dock with a credit card reader. https://squareup.com/us/en/hardware/stand
Finally: We do not have any apps installed on this besides square and some google suite stuff ( google sheets etc )

Most reactions

Latest posts