What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery flat, then....................

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to Settings>Battery, you'll be able to see if any apps running in the background were using an inordinate amount of battery power.

OP
I

islandman

If you go to Settings>Battery, you'll be able to see if any apps running in the background were using an inordinate amount of battery power.

It says Home & Lock, 98% Safari 2% Time since last full charge 9hr 13 min

PS, I am updating to 9.3

OP
I

islandman

Let us know if the update makes any difference.
Yes I will.

PS,
do you think a soft re-set, ie pressing Home & Power buttons for 10 secs will help?
do you think turning off "Background apps refresh" will help?
do you think turning off "locations services" will help?

all things at the back of my mind.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A hard reset may help. Going through those Apps using Location Services and switching Location Services off for those that don't need it or not necessarily all the time might help. Shuttng down Apps running in the background won't help, but switching off Background Refresh will.

OP
I

islandman

Agreed. Running the screen at full brightness will greatly decrease battery life.

30 hrs since charging up, not used, left in sleep mode, still shows 100% so either it was me being negligent, or the apps I removed were running it down or the fact we haven't skyped. Maybe I will never know.

Most reactions