What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery expansion causing screen problems

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IPad 2 battery is expanding from overheating and causing the screen to push up around the home button. Anyone else experiencing this problem

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it happens during use. I have had cell phones do this.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I own an iPad 2 and use it Daily for long hours at a stretch. I am not experiencing any overheating or the screen coming up as what you have described, Azonie.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
I think it happens during use. I have had cell phones do this.

Batteries are hardware and break down over time, some faster than others depending on a variety of conditions including usage and charging practices. The overheating may be a product of poor discharge. Worth taking it to an Apple store if nearby or reputable repair centre for diagnostic test. Continuing to use it could cause damage to the device's internals and chassis.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Batteries are hardware and break down over time, some faster than others depending on a variety of conditions including usage and charging practices. The overheating may be a product of poor discharge. Worth taking it to an Apple store if nearby or reputable repair centre for diagnostic test. Continuing to use it could cause damage to the device's internals and chassis.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Have taken to two Apple Stores and they it can't be fixed. Offered $150 off replacement. Pursuing other options with Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts