What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery drain

Minuet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I bought a used Ipad 1. It worked quite well. Now, I am experiencing something strange. I charge it at night to 100%. I turn it off and in the morning it is completely drained of all power. This only started happening recently. What could be the cause?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the iPad help forum, where it will receive more attention.
You may have a worn out battery that can't hold a charge any longer. When actually using the iPad, does the battery seem to drain faster than normal? You may want to check at the Apple store, I believe they charge just under $100.00 for a battery replacement.

And while I'm here, welcome to the iPad forums, Minuet, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 291,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app.*http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html
We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Last edited:
OP
M

Minuet

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi, I'm Minuet. I am new to the Ipad. I recently purchased a used Ipad 1. I thought I'd get familiar with it, and if I like it I can move up to a newer model. I loved it for the last three weeks. Only recently did I experience problems. I like to read and occassionaly play games. The device was great for both reading and playing. I started to notice that the battery didn't last very long. I would charge it and then it depleted quickly. The night before last, I charged it to 100%. The next morning it was completely out of charge. I recharged it and the same thing happened. I've read a couple of suggestions. I turned off Wifi at night, put it on airplane mode and deactivated all locations and push. The last thing I did was to reformat the whole thing in Itunes. I heard that backing up to Icloud was also a bad idea. I'm hoping this will help. If not, I'm not sure what to do. I'm hoping new friends here will have some good suggestions. Thanks

elish_peter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought i was crazy when i activated Google Now and saw a noticeable battery drain, i guess i wassent. I keep an eye on my battery percentage at all times and i'm absolutly sure Google Now did drain the battery. Maybe this is a bug an not related to the positioning but after i turned Google Now off the problem stopped.

Most reactions

Latest posts