What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery drain query.

ipadsi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the iPad Jailbreak scene and last week brought an iPad 1. As it the iPad came with ios 4.2.1 and that no untethered jail break for 4.3.1 was released at the time, I used Greenpoison rc6 4.2.1 to jailbreak it.

I've done a bit of reading on the internet and some people say that greenpoison causes battery drain on the iPhone. As I haven't used my iPad as standard and jailbroke it straight away I have nothing to compare it with.

My battery seems quite good i.e will stay on the same percentage of charge for approx 24 hrs when put it to sleep however when using it with wifi it seems to drain reasonably quickly about 10-12% an hour (brightness on low). Is this normal or am I just getting paranoid?!!

Great forum by the way, full of information!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the iPad Jailbreak scene and last week brought an iPad 1. As it the iPad came with ios 4.2.1 and that no untethered jail break for 4.3.1 was released at the time, I used Greenpoison rc6 4.2.1 to jailbreak it.

I've done a bit of reading on the internet and some people say that greenpoison causes battery drain on the iPhone. As I haven't used my iPad as standard and jailbroke it straight away I have nothing to compare it with.

My battery seems quite good i.e will stay on the same percentage of charge for approx 24 hrs when put it to sleep however when using it with wifi it seems to drain reasonably quickly about 10-12% an hour (brightness on low). Is this normal or am I just getting paranoid?!!

Great forum by the way, full of information!

10-12% an hour is normal - depends what's going on in the background, of course - but that seems normal to me. We have a *brand new* jail break moderator - he lives in Scotland, like me - and he's the world's expert on this - he been doing this for over 20 years, so I'm sure he'll give some more info...

Have fun - enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions