What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Drain On iPad-2

Ayoade_Page

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Day All,

I have been having challenges since when i got my iPad-2. The battery discharges almost 2hrs after is fully charged.
Can anyone tell me the way out.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What version of iOS are you on? You'll see there were some problems with certain iPads when they used iOS5. There's a new release 5.0.1 that fixes battery problems.

Tim

dandipaola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad drained from 100% down to 60% in 2 days with no-use

I am running 5.0.1 and my ipad2 is draining faster than my iPhone 4s. This is unacceptable. Has anyone found anything in the OS preferences that will prolong battery life. I am about to play my "Apple Care" card and ask for a new battery. I feel it is draining faster now than it did when I purchased it months ago. In 2 days my iPad went from 100% down to 60% and I NEVER even touched it. This is a problem that needs attention soon. :mad: :( :thumbsdown: I've been an Apple user since summer of 1984. This is not like Apple. I pray for a solution soon ...

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
well..if i leave my ipad idle for two days on standby it drains around 10 %...so ur does look bad...my suggestion is get it replaced..the battery

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

You battery certainly is discharging quickly, there are a few things you can do to minimise this though. Have a look at your mail settings and how you have them set up also some apps that have push notifications. These will still use battery if they are set to notify you and at what time intervals. Close Safari completely when not in use. Play around with your screen lighting and set it to a brightness that is acceptable to you. Do you have many location services running also, these will drain your battery faster also. Hope this helps.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leelai's suggestions above are good ones. However, it's difficult to imagine what one could have running that would completely drain a battery from a full charge in two hours as the OP implied. I'd strongly recommend seeing Apple about a battery replacement if that's the case.

On the other hand, if the iPad is "never touched" but notifications and polling for email, searching for wifi connections, etc. are going on constantly I can imagine using 40% of the charge in a couple of days. In any event, I'd suggest some careful testing with notification and email polling turned off. It often turns out that anecdotal impressions aren't reliable data points in cases like this.

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Leelai's suggestions above are good ones. However, it's difficult to imagine what one could have running that would completely drain a battery from a full charge in two hours as the OP implied. I'd strongly recommend seeing Apple about a battery replacement if that's the case.

On the other hand, if the iPad is "never touched" but notifications and polling for email, searching for wifi connections, etc. are going on constantly I can imagine using 40% of the charge in a couple of days. In any event, I'd suggest some careful testing with notification and email polling turned off. It often turns out that anecdotal impressions aren't reliable data points in cases like this.

Agreed - even in worse-case scenarios I cant see those faetures eating up the battery that quickly.....no way!

Call Apple!

iaintwoeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to close all the "working" apps!

Double click your home button to reveal all the working apps.

Hold your finger on one of them until the red minus sign appears and the start closing them down. Do this every two or three days to save battery.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can give u an example. My ipad 2 with Wifi on and screen brightness at 50 (half) and browsing drains 1% battery in around 5-6 mins. So try working this way and see if u get the same results.

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts