What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery charging question

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering.. is it better to charge the iPad while it's completely off or just in sleep mode? And if it's better to charge the iPad while it's completely off, how will I know when it's fully charged? I currently have my iPad charging and decided to turn it off, but no where am I able to see the status of the iPad. I was just wondering if this isn't an option? I turned it back on sleep mode because I want to unplug it once it's at 100%

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most/many iPad users - me included - leave their iPads on to charge as often as they can. The iPad contains very sophisticated battery management electronics and it's not possible to overcharge it, so it's quite safe to leave it on charge for as long or as little as you want. Unlike older battery technologies, the iPad doesn't mind being recharged from a partially discharged state - i.e. it has no 'memory' like the older battery technologies did.

Charging while in Sleep mode is perfect - or when switched completely off - it makes very little difference.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts