What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery App?

craigtaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The battery of my iPad1 doesn't seem to last very long. Is there a battery app that can help extend my battery life?

Thanks.

Craig

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you're not getting the 10 hours?

There are no app's but plenty you can do...

Do you ever run the battery right done to zero? You need to do that occasionally to let the iPad battery monitor calibrate itself, else it tends to report erroneous battery levels.

Keep the LCD brightness down.

Turn off 3G or WiFi if you're not using them.

When the iPad is not in use for a while turn off rather than putting it to sleep.

Tim

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So you're not getting the 10 hours?

There are no app's but plenty you can do...

Do you ever run the battery right done to zero? You need to do that occasionally to let the iPad battery monitor calibrate itself, else it tends to report erroneous battery levels.

Keep the LCD brightness down.

Turn off 3G or WiFi if you're not using them.

When the iPad is not in use for a while turn off rather than putting it to sleep.

Tim
i have the smart cover Tim,does that turn it off or just put it to sleep?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm using the 'smart cover' also, which puts the iPad into 'sleep mode' when closed; this function is magnetically activated and can be duplicated w/ a magnetic strip if placed in the right position.

BTW, if desired, this function can be disabled in the Settings>General area - :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - as the previous poster suggested - it simply puts it to Sleep - but it doesn't consume too much power then, so it's more likely that there's another issue at play here.

Try running the battery down to zero to see if the re-calibration helps.

The iPad will automatically turn off when the battery level reaches a low level, so you can simply leave it turned on, if you're not using it.

Tim

wzw751124

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the smart cover Tim,does that turn it off or just put it to sleep?

Most reactions