What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batterie :/

Bathrobe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, got my ipad 3 as a 28th birthday present from my dad, the battery lasts 3-4 hours, and takes maybe 9hours to charge. Currently in poland, took it to the ipad service station here in warsaw. They said it would take 5 days, rang up 3 weeks later said they were waiting for some part to come in, could finnaly pick it up after a month.

All they had done was upgrade the firmware and said there was no problem. I saw a nick exactly halfway down one edge, that looked like it was done with some sort of tool. The lady showed me the document i had signed, and it said there was a light dent in that place, it was not light, it was more like a little chunk had been cleanly taken out in an attempt to open it somehow, i was not told this when I handed it in, it had been out of its box for maybe a mintue to put the screen protector on before sliding it into its chunky belkin case.

I cant really blame appple for this, but the criminal polish service people working in warsaw. When I a use my ipad, plugged in with my official mains charger, i slowly watch my battery trickly down under normail use. Any suggestions? I am waiting for some holiday time to visit the UK so I can see what apple can make of the situation over there, as service there has proven to be excellent in the past. Any suggestions?

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Bathrobe,
Welcome to the Forum.
Amazingly enough, you sound pretty calm about this, considering the extent of the issue.
If your battery only lasts 3 - 4 hrs and takes 9 hrs to recharge, it's kind of the exact opposite to most of our experience.
The new iPad battery should only take 3 - 4 hrs to fully charge, and could last for 9-10 hrs with conservative use.
You can try several ENERGY SAVING TIPS: Turn down the brightness, use headphones instead of the speaker. Turn off both your Push and Fetch, so it's not checking for email and messages frequently. Use a battery optimizing charging app like Beijing Battery Doctor (free download).

I don't know what Apple can do to help you with thee damage you reported. But if that was an actual Apple representative working on your iPad, they at Apple headquarters should be notified of this immediately, Don't wait. Yes they should either replace the damaged part, or kindly provide an new iPad 3 and trade yours for the brand new one, at no cost.
Perhaps by then there could even be a spanking new model out.
After talking to several folks at Apple Care, a few also think a new model could possibly be in stores soon, perhaps when iOS6 is finally released to the public.
But that's just hearsay.

Mostly all electronic devices including computers are manufactured well before release and kept in storage before their subsequent sales to us, the customers.
So I wouldn't be surprised to see a newer "iPad 4" unveiled in September or October, or when ever the newest iOS6 operating systems are being released,
after rigorous bata testing is completed of course. Perhaps as well, a new iPhone 5., which has already piqued my interest & has me looking forward for that too!!

Wishing you good luck in having your concern alleviated with awesome Apple customer service/support and or unit exchange...

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Last edited:
OP
Bathrobe

Bathrobe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks man, i was a bit angry by the whole sitatuation at first as it was a present from my dad, and the whole thing sounded like some strange obviouse cover up by really silly people, but meh Im mildly confident everything will be straightened out in the uk. I mean they said they ran
the apropiate tests and it was fine, That took a month? Anyway as I said best just to hand it over to a uk team as everying is under waranty and covered with apple care, but thanks for the advice might wait for the new model come out just in case!

saulos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Bathrobe, sorry to see you problem , battery is generally very good lasting the only think that short my battery life is when I have no WiFi connection and the 3G signal is bad , in that case the iPad loose battry quite fast, probably because is try to find a good connection or is tranfering data very slow and the 3g chip works full time.
In any case I agree very bad Apple support in Warsaw :(

Most reactions

Latest posts