Barry Steakfries Returns to the App Store with Halfbrick’s Jetpack Joyride

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +107 / 0

Halfbrick’s loveable, wisecracking anti-hero, Barry Steakfries makes his return to the App Store today with Halfbrick’s biggest mobile title since Fruit Ninja, namely Jetpack Joyride. Following on from Barry’s foul-mouthed heroics in Age of Zombies and Monster Dash, he is now down on his luck and bored out of his mind in a dead-end job, but just happens to stumble on a secret evil laboratory filled with jetpacks and mysterious obstacles. With nothing better to do, our Barry grabs himself a jetpack and takes to the skies, showering bullets, rainbows, bubbles and much more on his enemies. While trying to escape the maximum-security lab, players can dodge obstacles, collect coins, and pilot crazy vehicles in pursuit of the ultimate high score, tracked on global online leaderboards. Joyriders looking to reach the top of the leaderboards can customise and upgrade Barry and his gear with crazy technology, such as coin magnets, score-boosting bombs, and a Shark’s Head jetpack.

A new game from Aussie developer Halfbrick is always an event, so it’s no surprise that Apple has chosen Jetpack Joyride as its iPhone Game of the Week. I’m sure it will be another smash for Halfbrick.

Click here to download the universal game for $0.99: App Store - Jetpack Joyride

Source:
    Halfbrick
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. iRager

iRager iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    This game is free for a limited time!

Really recommend it
  3. riotsarah

riotsarah iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This game is so addictive. Downloaded it while I was getting a wash together and i'm still sat on the bed half hour later playing it!