What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup

jimfastcar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please correct me if i am wrong
iPad is backed up up on my PC every time i do a sync so my iTunes collection, etc are safe in this regard
Is my entire iTunes library - music, Apps, etc saved somewhere on the Apple servers ? I am thinking that if my data is lost how would i restore it ?
Thanks for input

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They keep records of your purchases, but no actual files. You alone are responsible for backing up your own data. While you can download your apps again at no charge, the same does NOT apply to books, movies or videos.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I suggest you save your purchases to an external hard drive for added protection. Files from iTunes are stored in the following (Windows 7 environment): Start, Music, iTunes, iTunes Media. Drag and drop to an external hard drive and you now have back-ups for all your music, books, videos, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts