What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup prefered ?

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which would your prefer, Backing up to icloud or your computer, and why.?

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cloud, if your computer crashes you may lose any backups saved on it. There's nothing in my backup that Apple would be interested in :)

OP
PadMan2

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have made this a 2 part question. Can you backup to both icloud and computer, If you lose one you would have the other ?

OP
PadMan2

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I backed up to icloud this am then wanted to backup to computer, itunes showed it was backing up but when I went into the itunes backup folder it did not show the new backup. Does icloud backup need to be off on the ipad2 to do a computer backup.
OK seemed to work both ways.

Last edited:
OP
PadMan2

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for your reply's and help.
Have a good day.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It will only backup automatically to either the cloud or itunes (depending on which you have selected) but you can manually force a backup to the other, to allow you to have a backup in both places.

I backup to the cloud, which the ipad does automatically when I connect to a power source, and once a month or so I manually backup to itunes.

Most reactions