What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup of Kindle reader books

Armono45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or anyone, I can backup my regular iTunes to my regular PC but haven't found a way to backup any books purchased via the Kindle app. Does anyone know how this can be done. It doesn't back up to iTunes so if I have an iPad failure, I'll loose my books...

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup as Defbref said, Amazon uses their own cloud storage to store all you ebook purchases. So, you can redownload any past purchase once you log into your kindle account.

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you really, really, really think you have to have a physical backup on your computer go to Manage My Kindle and next to each book click Actions. Select Download and transfer via USB. It will then ask you which kindle device it will go to. Select the proper one and it will download to your computer.

Keep in mind it can ONLY be read on the device you list. If you upgrade to another device all those files are void.

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Walt Cullop said:
If you really, really, really think you have to have a physical backup on your computer go to Manage My Kindle and next to each book click Actions. Select Download and transfer via USB. It will then ask you which kindle device it will go to. Select the proper one and it will download to your computer.

Keep in mind it can ONLY be read on the device you list. If you upgrade to another device all those files are void.

You can register a new device to your Amazon acct and the files immediately become available to it as well. Syncing between the multiple devices is automatic through Amazons cloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts