Backup before update to iOS5 on non iTunes content & separation of content questions

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by NYC Adam, Oct 13, 2011.

1. NYC Adam

NYC Adam iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Downloaded and updated iPhone. Have different content on iphone and ipad. I would like to update the iPad iOS, however have way more content on it. As well, I am concerned that the non iTunes items like music and photos will be deleted permanently - they are not on iTunes currently. Have an original iPad, iPhone 4 and would like to be able to (via cloud?) choose what goes on the pad the phone, etc. while preserving content on the pad which has the most content. Thoughts? Please?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Afraid I can't be much help because I don't have an iPhone and I can't believe I'm recommending that one examine iTunes (Hate that application). But when I updated to iTunes 10.5 I noticed that I received (and continue to receive) an error message that appears to suggest it was unable to configure iTunes for my iPhone. This suggests to me that iTunes is smart enough (can't believe I'm saying that) to distinguish between the devices appropriately. I gotta believe that iCloud can do the same or that separate "apple logins" for the two devices could be used to separate the content appropriately.

3. NYC Adam

NYC Adam iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for your comments - wish you could help. Can anyone else lend a hand? Would like to get iOS5 on the pad...