What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BackStab (gameloft) help ?

Skakig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, but like the place so far! ;)

I bought gameloft's new game BackStab, which I think is awesome so far. Great graphics, smooth game play and a fun pirate plot to boot.

However, I'm stuck at one section and wanted to know if anyone knows how to move on?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMxQGsXYLi0[/ame]

That's a short video (my hands shake generally, so video quality isn't so great) but you can see what I mean. ;)

Top of the morning to ya'll! :)

Last edited:

mouthalmighty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey in the posted clip your on the right track only after u kill the last guard in the clip, jump off the roof and sneak around the edges of the scene to the yellow beam and backstab away.

OP
S

Skakig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks mouthalmighty!

That was the trick I was missing! three hours at that spot too! Around the edges, and get em from behind... it's so obvious now! ;)

Thanks M8!

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting this game. Is it like Uncharted for PS3?

OP
S

Skakig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry mate - I don't really know Uncharted. I'm not much of a gamer, and only play on my iPad... There's a pretty good review here:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ334MWpoRM]YouTube - ‪BackStab for iPad - Review‬‏[/ame]

hope that helps m8

Random_Kiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yo...kinda cool game, but a little buggy and has crashed a few times...minor things which will no doubt be fixed with updates

Anyway, I need help on a bit, I'm on the island Santa Alodia trying to help Lisette...the task of getting the peasants back to work, you have to find some guys horse and get it back to him...easy enough, right, only when I find the horse, nothing happens, no icon appears for me to get on said horse and ride the stupid thing back to the peasant!

Any clues???

OP
S

Skakig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi M8!
That's funny: Random Kiwi... Melbourne Australia. Spent a year down in Kiwi-land on both islands, and it was awesome.

I know the part, cause I was like "hmm...." Ok, the trick with your horsy is this: It follows you. I know, weird but... that's the way it works. Ride up to it, (I got off my horse and tried to hop on that one if I remember right but it didn't work) then just ride back to the villagers.

I noticed that you have to practically emerge yourself in those yellow beams in order for it to register that you made it whatever 'point' you're looking at, so just make sure you do that too.

Any troubles, just hollar M8! :)

Random_Kiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey man, cheers, I actually tried restarting the whole level this morning and when I got back to this bit the ride horse icon appeared and away I went riding the horse back to its owner…go figure, eh?

Lovely country, eh? Makes me sad I'm not still living there sometimes, but they're pretty ****ed economincally speaking these days...selfish, but I'm miles better off living in Melbourne than I would be back there

Richschultz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stuck getting tools!

Hi,
Does anyone know how to get the tools for the forger? I keep falling through the wood platforms. Thx.

bobert310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get the tools, you need to kill the two grizzly bears in the roofless room, then climb up the rafters and get to the top.

bobert310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Choretto?

I'm at the part of the game (story completion 54%) where you need to talk to Admiral Dunsey in Choretto. You ask him how hes holding up, and he replies "I've been better, just get me out of here." But after that nothing happens. there are no other storyline quests in the area besides that one. Help?

Peridot16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BackStab has been pretty good so far, but I'm stuck. Isn't there a walkthrough for this anywhere? After taking directions from Lisette i steal the horse and am supposed to go to the village. I keep getting killed by the troops barring the roads with the burning barrels. I have tried going around them and looking for a "backdoor" way of getting there but I can't find one. Help!

arunbhagwat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please Help !!!

Hi, I have completed 60% of the story and I am currently in "Santo Nunilo" (Treasure Island). How do I go to the "Cartographer", and obtain the map?
I am not able to jump to the cliff to reach his hut....Please help

Random_Kiwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please Help !!!

Hi, I have completed 60% of the story and I am currently in "Santo Nunilo" (Treasure Island). How do I go to the "Cartographer", and obtain the map?
I am not able to jump to the cliff to reach his hut....Please help

Yeah, that bit was pretty tricky, but it is do-able, just keep hunting around, there's ledges that you have to climb across/hang from to get your way around to his hut

I'm at the part of the game (story completion 54%) where you need to talk to Admiral Dunsey in Choretto. You ask him how hes holding up, and he replies "I've been better, just get me out of here." But after that nothing happens. there are no other storyline quests in the area besides that one. Help?

There has to be something else as I've completed the game and never got stuck there...game is pretty fcking buggy though, I had to restart a level completely due to not being able to complete a section...I've you've talked to everyone and there is nothing in Blue or Yellow on your map to go to, maybe restart the level

BackStab has been pretty good so far, but I'm stuck. Isn't there a walkthrough for this anywhere? After taking directions from Lisette i steal the horse and am supposed to go to the village. I keep getting killed by the troops barring the roads with the burning barrels. I have tried going around them and looking for a "backdoor" way of getting there but I can't find one. Help!

There's no way around it mate, you just have to pick you spots and not get too close to the barrels...it's do-able

Most reactions

Latest posts