What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backing up to several ipads

aac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an I phone and 4 iPads on my account. How do I ensure that work done on apps doesn't override newer work on the same app on a different iPad? Also how do I copy work on apps from one iPad to another? I presume this is all handling through iTunes?

Cheers

Marion

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Depends on the app, used to be that they wouldn't get mixed up, but now with icloud, some apps do share data across all devices on the same account.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The backups themselves are individual to each device, whether they are in iTunes or iCloud.

The document sharing/syncing that some apps use through iTunes are not. To keep those separate you need separate iCloud accounts.

It is possible to have the same iTunes account and different iCloud accounts on each iPad. It is not possible to have more than one of each at any time, and switching between iCloud accounts is supposed to be limited to a certain number over a certain period of time (can't recall the details at the moment); so hold that in mind when planing what combination of accounts will server your needs.

Apple IDs and iCloud

iCloud: Backup and restore overview

Most reactions

Latest posts