What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backing up Safari bookmarks

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to back up bookmarks in Safari please?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless you are running Safari on Windows or OS X, and you keep the bookmarks synced via iCloud, I don't know of any easy way to backup Safari's bookmarks.

They are backed up in your iCloud or iTunes backup, but you have to restore the entire iPad to get at those, and I know of no way to extract the bookmarks from the backup (though that's at least theoretically possible).

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Found this. If you have a PC (but not Safari) you can use this method to sync your Safari iOS bookmarks to another browser, and then use it's export function. If you download a compatible browser that you don't already use, clean out it's default bookmarks, then sync, you could get a clean set of iOS bookmarks.

How to Export iPad Safari Bookmarks

I still have not come across a way to do it without syncing the bookmarks to a computer first; but now that the idea has been planted I'll keep an eye out.

Most reactions