What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backing to original wallpaper

bethosuch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there.:)

I am wondering how recover the original background image, this one with water.

The one at images settings is not the same, dont like it, the original is much nicer. I would like to back to default image and I cannot find it.

Could someone, please, help me?

Thank you very much, in advance.

Beth

rooCASE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Beth,

The original should be in your wallpaper folder under Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper > Wallpaper. It should be the first picture with what looks like an ocean view with a light blue sky.

Edit: oops my mistake. I don't remember changing my background so I take that back about it being the 1st image.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bethosuch said:
Hello there.:)

I am wondering how recover the original background image, this one with water.

The one at images settings is not the same, dont like it, the original is much nicer. I would like to back to default image and I cannot find it.

Could someone, please, help me?

Thank you very much, in advance.

Beth

Go to Settings>Brightness&Wallpaper

image-1852043870.jpgtap the arrow at the right side

image-609262051.jpgtap the arrow at the right side of the images

image-2472481295.jpgselect wallpaper

image-448587455.jpgselect the image you want from the selection of stock wallpaper images. The original stock wallpaper image is the one with water droplets.

image-3739138788.jpgselect set

image-506689576.jpgselect lock screen, home screen or both.

Last edited:
OP
B

bethosuch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your care :)

The problem is first picture - new iPad - dont looks the same as the original one that came as default on my new iPad. Looks the same but is not the same. The default image has water only at the botton, not the whole screen. The first image on settings have water covering whole screen.

Maybe I lost the deafult image when upgrading to i 6.0 :-((

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
bethosuch said:
Thank you very much for your care :)

The problem is first picture - new iPad - dont looks the same as the original one that came as default on my new iPad. Looks the same but is not the same. The default image has water only at the botton, not the whole screen. The first image on settings have water covering whole screen.

Maybe I lost the deafult image when upgrading to i 6.0 :-((

Actually, Beth, I think you are right! The new lot of default wallpaper images under iOS6 do look different. That is, there seem fewer of them but no new different ones. I haven't looked at them for quite a while but I definitely remember the water scene you are describing. Remember, if you have any personal photos under your Camera Roll/Photos you can use them, as I do, and say the stock standard ones can take a running jump!
Regards, Andrew

OP
B

bethosuch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe we will have the default image back in the next ios upgrade :)
I got some nice wallpaper at appstore :)
regards, Beth

Krissyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was a wallpaper that I had since getting my iPad - pink flower coming in from the side of the screen, up close with water droplets on it (not like the water lily still available) does anyone have this one? The rest just aren't the same! :(

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although several of the preinstalled Wallpaper images are quite nice, there are hundreds if not thousands of free images suited for Retina Display that can be downloaded for free. Go to the search engine of your choice and find several that suit your fancy. Just search for Retina Display Wallpaper...

Happy hunting!!

Chas

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean this one? Ya I can't find it in the options??? Am I just missing it or is it gone?
da4cf7d4f3096616d96b0258b07a9b02.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions