What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

background changed?

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have question, that main window (4x4 = 16's icon, and lower (4's special icon, 16's icon can changed? must icon stay here (is look build-in) , can move to Page2 (customer add app and bulid-in mix) ? that lower 4's icon area, disable? changed to other icon, build-in and customer add mix, and background color can changed? Also ,16's icon and 4's icon size can bigger/ or smaller? please!

Attachments

• lay.jpg
    lay.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 199

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have question, that main window (4x4 = 16's icon, and lower (4's special icon, 16's icon can changed? must icon stay here (is look build-in) , can move to Page2 (customer add app and bulid-in mix) ? that lower 4's icon area, disable? changed to other icon, build-in and customer add mix, and background color can changed? Also ,16's icon and 4's icon size can bigger/ or smaller? please!
On an iPad home screen you can have up to 20 icons, 4x5 or 5x5, depending on whether your iPad is in portrait or landscape. The dock at the bottom of the screen can have up to 6 icons. Icons can be moved around anywhere on the home screen as well as being moved to another home screen. To move icons, press one until they start to wiggle, then touch and hold an icon and slide it to the location you want. To move an icon to the next screen, move it to the edge of the screen and it will jump to the next home screen. When the icons are where you want them, click the home button to stop the wiggling.

Icons are a fixed size and can't be changed, at least not without jailbreaking.

Here are some shots of one of my home screens.

image-2846974189.jpg

image-580737076.jpg

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks , but i not understand where to changed that lower 4's icon background, setting>background ... not found that lower background changed?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks , but i not understand where to changed that lower 4's icon background, setting>background ... not found that lower background changed?
The background color of the dock where the bottom row of icons is can't be manually changed. It is based on the color of your home screen wallpaper. If you go to Settings>General>Increase Contrast>Reduce Transparency and slide the switch to on, the background will turn dark grey.

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, I used "black_background_photo.jpg" , this part is work, but you said that lower that "grey background", is here, no changed. is it turn OFF , can fixed my problem?

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As scifan said, the colour of the dock holding the bottom row of icons will change with the colour of the wallpaper.
If you look at this screen:
mevysy8e.jpg

Where the background is black (bottom left hand side) you will get that natural grey colour. But as the screen colour changes, the grey starts to take on the colour of the screen (in the middle). The lighter the colour of the screen (bottom right hand side), the more that grey of the dock will change to the colour of that part of the screen.
So, a very dark colour will give the "normal" grey. A very light, bright colour will give much closer to the screen colour on the bottom icon dock.
And I am going to stop now as I think I am on the verge of confusing myself as well as everyone else:)
Anyway, hope that helps a bit.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Most reactions