What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

backed up via itunes, then did greenp0ison jb, now want my stuff back... can I do it?

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a back up via itunes before doing the greenp0ison jb. Now I'm jailbroken and have installed cydia. DAMN, FINALLY!! (just for the record, I did a back up and then restore via itunes. This time for some weird reason, it finally went through) I was looking at the available apps in Cydia and it's missing almost every app I dl'ed via cydia on the redsn0w tethered jb. So my question is, can I do a sync via itunes to gain back all my apps or no? I'd love to have all my programs back but like I said, none are in the new cydia available for dl list.

Thanks,
Rokr

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your Cydia apps are not backed up when you back up through iTunes. Only the Apple stuff is backed up, sorry!

jakerich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Rokr, that is strange. All my Cydia apps (admittedly not many) could be downloaded and reinstalled once i re-registered Cydia through Facebook. It knew I was still me and let me reinstall what I had done previously. Have you tried that?

OP
R

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally my friend jb my iPad via redsn0w when it was new and I've been using that until now. He had the Cydia icon and an installous icon on the pad. Is installous a completely different/separate thing?

rokr

OP
R

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I do a resync with iTunes now that I'm jb'd with greenp0isen?

Rokr

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cydia apps aren't backed up and the only ones the cydia store will remember are the purchased apps, iirc.

I use pkgbackup to backup and restore my cydia apps. it's not free, but def worth it. it's in the cydia store.

OP
R

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, figured out that installous is a bad thing. Sorry for mentioning. Newest issue now is I have installed numerous app store apps that were free but non show up on my home screens. If i go to the search function, they are all listed there and available to open. How do I get them back on the home screens?

Rokr

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rokr said:
Ok, figured out that installous is a bad thing. Sorry for mentioning. Newest issue now is I have installed numerous app store apps that were free but non show up on my home screens. If i go to the search function, they are all listed there and available to open. How do I get them back on the home screens?

Rokr

I had a problem like that too. Do you have sbsettings installed? If so, make sure sbsettings isn't set to hide any of the icons. Somehow sbsettings decided to hide some of mine by default.

OP
R

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Final question, I jb'd my pad using windows 7 on a new comp with a new install of iTunes. Originally, backed up my iPad when tethered jb via redsn0w on a win xp comp. This iTunes on the xp comp had all my music on it. When I backed up again on the win7 iTunes, I ended uplosing all of my music. Now that i'm jb'd with greenp0ison and sync'd, can I resync with the xp iTunes to get back my music and then sync the music to the win7 iTunes?

Thanks,
Rokr

Most reactions

Latest posts