1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

backed up via itunes, then did greenp0ison jb, now want my stuff back... can I do it?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Rokr, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Rokr

Rokr iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did a back up via itunes before doing the greenp0ison jb. Now I'm jailbroken and have installed cydia. DAMN, FINALLY!! (just for the record, I did a back up and then restore via itunes. This time for some weird reason, it finally went through) I was looking at the available apps in Cydia and it's missing almost every app I dl'ed via cydia on the redsn0w tethered jb. So my question is, can I do a sync via itunes to gain back all my apps or no? I'd love to have all my programs back but like I said, none are in the new cydia available for dl list.

Thanks,
    Rokr
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Your Cydia apps are not backed up when you back up through iTunes. Only the Apple stuff is backed up, sorry!
  3. jakerich

jakerich iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Rokr, that is strange. All my Cydia apps (admittedly not many) could be downloaded and reinstalled once i re-registered Cydia through Facebook. It knew I was still me and let me reinstall what I had done previously. Have you tried that?
  4. Rokr

Rokr iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Originally my friend jb my iPad via redsn0w when it was new and I've been using that until now. He had the Cydia icon and an installous icon on the pad. Is installous a completely different/separate thing?

rokr
  5. Rokr

Rokr iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can I do a resync with iTunes now that I'm jb'd with greenp0isen?

Rokr
  6. naman919

naman919 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    cydia apps aren't backed up and the only ones the cydia store will remember are the purchased apps, iirc.

I use pkgbackup to backup and restore my cydia apps. it's not free, but def worth it. it's in the cydia store.
  7. Rokr

Rokr iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, figured out that installous is a bad thing. Sorry for mentioning. Newest issue now is I have installed numerous app store apps that were free but non show up on my home screens. If i go to the search function, they are all listed there and available to open. How do I get them back on the home screens?

Rokr
  8. Spink10

Spink10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Download app sync from Cydia?

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  9. naman919

naman919 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I had a problem like that too. Do you have sbsettings installed? If so, make sure sbsettings isn't set to hide any of the icons. Somehow sbsettings decided to hide some of mine by default.
  10. Rokr

Rokr iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Final question, I jb'd my pad using windows 7 on a new comp with a new install of iTunes. Originally, backed up my iPad when tethered jb via redsn0w on a win xp comp. This iTunes on the xp comp had all my music on it. When I backed up again on the win7 iTunes, I ended uplosing all of my music. Now that i'm jb'd with greenp0ison and sync'd, can I resync with the xp iTunes to get back my music and then sync the music to the win7 iTunes?

Thanks,
    Rokr