What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

backed up ibooks need help

express2525

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a course i am taking on ibook format on ipad.......I have typed in some answers and lost them all...
i did back them up on my mac however when i went to load them from my mac it did not save the answers. it did save some readings that i did and certain things i highlighted but there are areas in this ibook format where i can type in and answer questions but when i backed them up to my mac it obviously did not save them...any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The standard iBooks features don't allow direct entry of text into a book, only highlights and notes. If the book has editable text fields then it's likely using the ability of the iBooks Author software to add the feature. It would be up to the author to supply whatever save or export functions it might have. I'd look for a "How to read/use this book" section at the front or back of the book.

You could make your own sort of Q&A thing, by highlighting the question and then typing your answer into the notes. That should be automatically saved. You can also export your notes and highlights via email or a few other methods. That way you'd have a backup of your questions and answers.

If you use email, it looks like this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428641829.447571.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh yes, make sure you've got Sync Bookmarks and Notes turned on for both the Mac and iPad. For Mac it's in the iBooks app preferences. For the iPad it is in Settings > iBooks.

Turning on Online Content may help too, if the book is saving your answers somewhere other than in the iBook itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts