What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up saves

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, how do I back up my game saves so I can restore my iPad and update to ios 6 and re jailbreak (and best guide to jailbreak on ios6)

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backup all your content onto iTunes. You could do it with iCloud, but considering you're going to be jailbreaking your iPad, I don't think it'll work.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can save all your game status via a normal backup in iTunes. When iTunes does the backup, it'll save each game state. Then, after an upgrade, you can 'restore from backup" and it'll put the iPad back to the way it was - except you'll be on the more current iOS.

However, I must warn you that there is no jail break for iOS 6 at this time, so if you upgrade to iOS 6.x, you will lose your jail break.

Just so's you know...

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to not upgrade to iOS 6.X for now, if you want to preserve your jailbreak, unless you have an iPad 1. In that case, feel free to update, since iOS 5.1.1 is the latest version of iOS that can be installed on the iPad 1.When an iOS 6 jailbreak is released, it will be announced in the official iOS jailbreak thread. Subscribe to it and keep an eye on it.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts