1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Back up saves

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by peire, Oct 15, 2012.

1. peire

peire iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi, how do I back up my game saves so I can restore my iPad and update to ios 6 and re jailbreak (and best guide to jailbreak on ios6)

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. HardMetalAlchemy

HardMetalAlchemy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Backup all your content onto iTunes. You could do it with iCloud, but considering you're going to be jailbreaking your iPad, I don't think it'll work.
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,667 / 0
    You can save all your game status via a normal backup in iTunes. When iTunes does the backup, it'll save each game state. Then, after an upgrade, you can 'restore from backup" and it'll put the iPad back to the way it was - except you'll be on the more current iOS.

However, I must warn you that there is no jail break for iOS 6 at this time, so if you upgrade to iOS 6.x, you will lose your jail break.

Just so's you know...

Marilyn
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,906 / 1
    Your best bet is to not upgrade to iOS 6.X for now, if you want to preserve your jailbreak, unless you have an iPad 1. In that case, feel free to update, since iOS 5.1.1 is the latest version of iOS that can be installed on the iPad 1.When an iOS 6 jailbreak is released, it will be announced in the official iOS jailbreak thread. Subscribe to it and keep an eye on it.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012