What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up question

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess I will finally update to 7 and try a back up. I have a couple of apps with data I'd like to save. Will the ( choose what data you want to back ) in iCloud settings override any settings in the apps themselves, or will I have to go into each app's settings that I want saved and also turn on or activate iCloud there also? This iCloud stuff is giving me a headache lol. I'm sure it's not that difficult. I just have never put anything on my ipad that I could not live without if I lost it. But I'd like to giver a try. Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In this link you'll find what iCloud backs up: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12519?viewlocale=en_US

What you have to do is go to Settings - iCloud - Storage & Backup. Choose "Manage Storage" to see something like this:

image-3375309816.jpg

You'll find the name of your iPad (top) and a part of the documents and data that are backed up. To see all apps on your iPad, tap your device's name:

image-1514055903.jpg

Choose "Show all", and decide for yourself if the apps need to be backed up by disabling/enabling it.

Hope that helps.

OP

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you J.A. This will help, good to know you are there when we need you.

ifunkb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be wrong, so correct me if I am, but I think the OP wants to know if his app settings (not just the data) will be saved. I think the answer to this is "No" because a backup doesn't backup the app; you must re-download it when you restore your backup. Oh, that may just be correct when doing a complete reset and restore? Sorry if I am wrong and messed up the correct answer!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you restore from an iCloud backup, all the apps will be there again, if Apple ID and iCloud account are the same.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts