1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Back up before upgrade...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Coffeeboy, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Coffeeboy

Coffeeboy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm sorry if this makes me sound stupid (in this case I probably am), but I was thinking of upgrading the pad to 5.1, since there is a JB available.

So. The thing is I don't know how to (if there are any way) back up the present set-up with all the apps, lockscreen, layout etc, to apply the same after upgrade and JB-ing. What I want is to have my pad look exactly as now with only a newer IOS. Without all the hazzle. Last time I had to re-install everything from scratch...

Or, maybe, I need not even go for 5.1?

//Stefan ☕
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    I would recommend updating to 5.1.1 whilst it is still being signed. Once a new version of IOS comes out you will likely have lost your chance for 5.1.1 forever (assuming Apple patch all the right things).

You probably want to invest in PkgBackup, probably one of the most valuable tools for the jailbreakers arsenal - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...p-safeguard-your-jailbreak-apps-settings.html - That will help you with your backup and restore.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1